No new experiments. I’ve been:
- getting the hang of using a julep strainer. The secret is maximum ice.
- enjoying my new mixing glass. I got it at a vintage store and it has recipes round the outside, most of which are good; it says to stir the Manhattan and Martini, rather than shake. The weirdest bit to me was that it offered an olive as a garnish for a whiskey sour. That sounds gross to me, but I’m sure some people like it?
- entertaining guests from Brooklyn who appreciate fine cocktails.
- waiting not so patiently for an internet booze order so I can participate in the current Mixology Monday hosted by Lindsay Johnson of Lush Life Productions. I don’t think it’s going to make it in time, but damn it’s full of bitter goodness.
- preparing to entertain other guests from Brooklyn who appreciate fine cocktails.
I didn’t want you to think I was neglecting you.